So I’m busy. Your busy, we all be busy. But we can still make deelish food to nom on the fly! Happy me, happy babe, happy man. Oooo, after that glass of wine tonight – I’m so getting some action, and so are you if you out this in her/his tummy.
Par Deux and one 1/2 (that would be a baby or small, naughty table fed pet)
Zee Tuna, yia?
* 2 tuna steaks
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Organic grape seed oil
* The juice of 1 lemon (let baby suck on the rind. Not too wee of a baby mind you. Mine LOVES it. And the faces he makes are priceless. Heart-warming. Mommy-lovedom gooeyness)
* Generous amounts of cajun spice. Enough to encrust your steaks. Like 4 tblsp. I could have just said that right? Right. Blend your own or buy the ready made. That’s what I do, seen?
* 4 cloves of minced garlic
* 1 red pepper, seeded and julienned
* 2 lbs. of organic heirloom green beans from your neighbourly Farmer’s Market…mine were purple! You of course can buy regular organic or non – whateve’s. Just sayin’ what I did, because this is my blog.
* 4 green onions, finely chopped
* 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
* 1 lime, juiced and zested
* 1/4 cup pre-shredded coocnut
* 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
* 1 cup of brown rice
* Salt to taste
That’s not even a pilaf, right? HA HA tricked you. So funny I am.
Putting It Together
Grilling Action of The Tuna
1. Brown Rice generally takes about 30 min. So start this first, right? You know how to cook rice, right? Sure it can be white. Or basmati. PAS DE MINUTE RICE. NON-NON.
2. While your leetle yummy healthy carb/grains are steaming, get out a thick, gorgeous cast iron pan and lightly saute you green onions, cilantro, shredded coconut and lime juice. Sea salt and pepp to taste. Turn off. When rice is done toss it together. You should have some time after you’ve sauteed and the rice is still cooking, to steam your veggies, (red pepper and beans). So do that! Nice and quick, seen? They should still have some crisp to them for taste, texture and nutritional content not being completely cooked out. Feel free to toss them in a wee smidgen of butter. Or 2.
3. Preheat your indoor grill or outside if you like fall grilling as we do, as it’s fall here in Tdot, Canada – to its highest setting. Season the tuna steaks with all those listed ingredients up there for the Tuna and give ‘em a sexy rub down. Grill for a few minutes on each side. For best results leave the center slightly cool and still red. Not that ‘adventurous?’ S’alright, you’re not a chef or diner at The Wellington Court Cafe.
4. Now then, plate all this gorgeous food up and MANGE! ENJOY!